Recipe by Chemaine
To serve four, use five teaspoons flour and double the remaining ingredients. Doubling the flour would make the base too heavy.
Top Review by jamiej
hmmm so good. I made mine low carb and sugar free. I used almond flour instead of flour, amond breeze unsweetened( which is an almond milk)instead of milk and 4 tbsp of xylitol in place of the sugar, with no dusting or sprinkling. very good thanks for sharing!
- cooking spray
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dutch process cocoa
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg white, large
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Coat 2 (6 ounce) ramekins with cooking spray; sprinkle each with 3/4 tsp sugar.
- Combine 2 T sugar, flour, cocoa, and milk in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook 2 minutes, stirring until smooth. Spoon chocolate mixture into a medium bowl; cool 4 minutes. Stir in vanilla.
- Place egg white in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until soft peaks form. Add remaining 2 T sugar, 1 tsp at a time, beating until stiff peaks form (do not overbeat). Gently stir 1/4 of egg white mixture into chocolate mixture; gently fold in remaining egg white mixture.
- Spoon mixture into prepared dishes. Sharply tap dishes 2 or 3 times to level. Place dishes on a baking sheet; bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until puffy and set.
- Sprinkle each souffle with 1/2 tsp powdered sugar. Serve immediately.