Prep 20 mins
Cook 17 mins
This uses all pantry items so they can be put together any time. From Cooking Light, April 2007. If doubling the recipe, it's suggested to only use 5 teaspoons of flour.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Coat 2 (6-ounce) ramekins with cooking spray; sprinkle each with 3/4 teaspoon granulated sugar.
- Combine 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, flour, cocoa, and milk in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook 2 minutes, stirring until smooth.
- Spoon chocolate mixture into a medium bowl; cool 4 minutes.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Place egg white in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until soft peaks form.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form (do not overbeat).
- Gently stir 1/4 of egg white mixture into chocolate mixture; gently fold in remaining egg white mixture.
- Spoon mixture into prepared dishes. Sharply tap dishes 2 or 3 times to level.
- Place dishes on a baking sheet; bake for 15 minutes or until puffy and set.
- Sprinkle each soufflé with 1/2 teaspoon powdered sugar.
- Serve immediately.