Recipe by evelyn/athens
These are simply irresistible,especially with softly-whipped cream on the side.
- 14 ounces best-quality bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups chilled whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup Grand Marnier or 1⁄4 cup orange liqueur
- 6 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup packed golden brown sugar
- whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Butter and flour 12 ¾-cup custard cups.
- Stir chocolate in bowl set over simmering water until smooth.
- Cool to lukewarm, about 10 minutes.
- Using mixer, beat cream and cinnamon in medium bowl until soft peaks form.
- Add liqueur; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Beat eggs and brown sugar in large bowl until very light, about 5-6 minutes.
- Gradually beat chocolate into egg mixture, then fold in cream mixture.
- Divide batter among prepared cups.
- Set cups in large roasting pan.
- Add enough hot water to come halfway up sides of cups.
- Bake until tops of cakes look dry, about 18 minutes.
- Transfer cups to racks; cool cakes completely.
- Cut around edges to loosen.
- Turn out onto plates and serve with a dollop of whipped cream on the side.