These are simply irresistible,especially with softly-whipped cream on the side.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14 ounces best-quality bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups chilled whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier or 1/4 cup orange liqueur
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup packed golden brown sugar
- whipped cream
- 1Preheat oven to 350F.
- 2Butter and flour 12 ¾-cup custard cups.
- 3Stir chocolate in bowl set over simmering water until smooth.
- 5Cool to lukewarm, about 10 minutes.
- 6Using mixer, beat cream and cinnamon in medium bowl until soft peaks form.
- 7Add liqueur; beat until stiff peaks form.
- 8Beat eggs and brown sugar in large bowl until very light, about 5-6 minutes.
- 9Gradually beat chocolate into egg mixture, then fold in cream mixture.
- 10Divide batter among prepared cups.
- 11Set cups in large roasting pan.
- 12Add enough hot water to come halfway up sides of cups.
- 13Bake until tops of cakes look dry, about 18 minutes.
- 14Transfer cups to racks; cool cakes completely.
- 15Cut around edges to loosen.
- 16Turn out onto plates and serve with a dollop of whipped cream on the side.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Individual Chocolate Mousse Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.5
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 139.7 mg
- Sodium 46.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: