Recipe by Steve_G
These delicate chocolate souffles have a slightly creamy center and a hint of coffee flavor. From Nestles. Very low fat for a Souffle.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup baking cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F.
- Spray eight 6-ounce custard cups with nonstick cooking spray; sprinkle evenly with 2 tablespoons sugar.
- COMBINE cocoa, water and Nescafé in a medium bowl; stir until smooth.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in flour; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Stir in evaporated milk and ½ cup sugar.
- Cook, whisking frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Add to cocoa mixture; stir until smooth.
- BEAT egg whites and a pinch of salt in a small mixing bowl until soft peaks form.
- Gradually beat in remaining sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Fold ¼ of egg whites into chocolate mixture to lighten.
- Fold in remaining egg whites gently but thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into prepared cups, filling ¾ full.
- Place on baking sheet.
- BAKE for 18 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out moist but not wet.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve immediately.