Recipe by Manami
Assemble and refrigerate this elegant looking dessert ahead of time so you can spend time with your guests. landolakes.com This we made at my girlfriend Judy's house and they came out beautifully! They were a real treat! Didn't allow for cooling & chilling time.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup ground almonds, toasted
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- large-grain sugar
- 1⁄4 cup real semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
VANILLA CREAM INGREDIENTS
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- chocolate syrup
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- fresh mint leaves, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F
- Combine flour, ground almonds and 2/3 cup cocoa in medium bowl; set aside.
- Combine butter and 1 1/3 cups sugar in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
- Add egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Continue beating until well mixed.
- Reduce speed to low; add flour mixture.
- Beat until combined.
- Divide dough into fourths.
- Wrap each fourth in plastic food wrap; flatten slightly.
- Refrigerate until firm (1 hour).
- Roll out dough on lightly floured surface, one-fourth at a time (keeping remaining dough refrigerated), to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Cut with 2 1/2-inch round cookie cutter into 18 circles.
- Place 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Cut 2 circles into fourths. (DO NOT SEPARATE.)
- Sprinkle all cookies with large grain sugar.
- Bake for 6 to 9 minutes or until set.
- Cool completely.
- Combine chocolate chips and shortening in small microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on HIGH until melted (30 seconds to 1 minute), stirring occasionally; cool slightly.
- Line baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Dip curved edge of cookie wedges in melted chocolate.
- Place onto waxed paper.
- Refrigerate until firm (2 hours).
- Combine all vanilla cream ingredients in small bowl.
- Beat at high speed until stiff peaks form.
- For each serving, drizzle chocolate syrup onto individual serving plate; place 1 cookie over syrup.
- Pipe circle of vanilla cream onto cookie; top with strawberry slices, additonal piped vanilla cream and second cookie.
- Pipe vanilla cream over second cookie.
- Garnish with 2 strawberry slices and 1 chocolate-dipped cookie wedge.
- TIP: Cookie stacks can be assembled ahead of time. Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours before serving.