Assemble and refrigerate this elegant looking dessert ahead of time so you can spend time with your guests. landolakes.com This we made at my girlfriend Judy's house and they came out beautifully! They were a real treat! Didn't allow for cooling & chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup ground almonds, toasted
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- large-grain sugar
- 1/4 cup real semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
VANILLA CREAM INGREDIENTS
- 1Heat oven to 375°F
- 2Combine flour, ground almonds and 2/3 cup cocoa in medium bowl; set aside.
- 3Combine butter and 1 1/3 cups sugar in large bowl.
- 4Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
- 5Add egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- 6Continue beating until well mixed.
- 7Reduce speed to low; add flour mixture.
- 8Beat until combined.
- 9Divide dough into fourths.
- 10Wrap each fourth in plastic food wrap; flatten slightly.
- 11Refrigerate until firm (1 hour).
- 12Roll out dough on lightly floured surface, one-fourth at a time (keeping remaining dough refrigerated), to 1/8-inch thickness.
- 13Cut with 2 1/2-inch round cookie cutter into 18 circles.
- 14Place 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- 15Cut 2 circles into fourths. (DO NOT SEPARATE.)
- 16Sprinkle all cookies with large grain sugar.
- 17Bake for 6 to 9 minutes or until set.
- 18Cool completely.
- 19Combine chocolate chips and shortening in small microwave-safe bowl.
- 20Microwave on HIGH until melted (30 seconds to 1 minute), stirring occasionally; cool slightly.
- 21Line baking sheet with waxed paper.
- 22Dip curved edge of cookie wedges in melted chocolate.
- 23Place onto waxed paper.
- 24Refrigerate until firm (2 hours).
- 25Combine all vanilla cream ingredients in small bowl.
- 26Beat at high speed until stiff peaks form.
- 27For each serving, drizzle chocolate syrup onto individual serving plate; place 1 cookie over syrup.
- 28Pipe circle of vanilla cream onto cookie; top with strawberry slices, additonal piped vanilla cream and second cookie.
- 29Pipe vanilla cream over second cookie.
- 30Garnish with 2 strawberry slices and 1 chocolate-dipped cookie wedge.
- 31TIP: Cookie stacks can be assembled ahead of time. Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Individual Chocolate Cookie Stacks
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 774.8
- Calories from Fat 455
- Total Fat 50.5 g
- Saturated Fat 27.8 g
- Cholesterol 138.9 mg
- Sodium 263.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 40.4 g
- Protein 9.9 g