Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
Really simple, really rich- Great for a dinner party, or just to make and enjoy a little at a time! From one of my mother's recipe cards. I always remember her making these for company.
- 6 ounces dark semi-sweet chocolate (very good quality, like Godiva or Lindt)
- 5 ounces butter
- 4 whole eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 4 ounces sugar
- 3 ounces flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Chop the chocolate up into smaller pieces and melt butter and chocolate in separate bowls over broiler.
- (Sometimes when I'm lazy I just put them together in the microwave at 50% power and stir every 30 seconds).
- Mix eggs& sugar well, then add flour to the eggs and sugar, and mix together.
- Stir melted butter& chocolate together (If you melted them separately).
- Pour in chocolate/butter mixture into sugar mixture and stir to combine, but don't over-mix.
- Pour final mix into individual tin baking cups (muffin tins, or cleaned-out tuna cans work really well too).
- Bake at 350°F for 8 minutes NO LONGER THAN 8 MINUTES.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before turning out.
- Serving suggestion: Plate with raspberry sauce and sprinkle with powered sugar, or topped with espresso ice cream, or bring 1 and 1/2 cups red wine, lemon zest and cinnamon to a boil, then reduce by 50%.
i baked two of these. they were under cooked. but still very nice