Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
Rachael Ray's Big Orange Book
- 29.58 ml butter, plus more to grease the baking sheet
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 118.29 ml chicken stock
- 59.14 ml milk or 59.14 ml half-and-half
- 4.92 ml Dijon mustard
- 236.59 ml finely chopped cooked chicken meat
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 59.14 ml frozen tiny green peas
- 1 small carrot, grated and finely chopped
- 29.58 ml fresh dill, finely chopped
- 2 sheet prepared puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten with a splash of water
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Heat the 2 tablespoons of butter in a small skillet over medium heat.
- When it melts, whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute, then whisk in the stock and milk.
- Season with salt and pepper, cook for a couple of minutes until thickened, then stir in the mustard; remove from the heat.
- Combine the chicken, scallions, peas, carrots, and dill in a mixing bowl.
- Pour the sauce over the mixture and stir to combine.
- Grease a baking sheet lightly with butter; dust your work surface lightly with flour and roll out one sheet of dough to the thickness of a nickel, and cut into quarters.
- Cut each quarter into 2 triangles.
- Transfer the triangles to the baking sheet and make 8 more triangles with the second sheet of dough.
- Divide the filling among 8 triangles on the baking sheet, leaving a little room at the edges to seal the pockets.
- Brush the edges with egg wash and place a second triangle on top; press the edges to seal or crimp with the tines of a fork.
- Brush the tops of the pockets with more egg wash and cut a small x in the top of each one to vent.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until deeply golden and crisp; serve hot.