1 hr 20 mins
Rachael Ray's Big Orange Book
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter, plus more to grease the baking sheet
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup milk or 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken meat
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup frozen tiny green peas
- 1 small carrot, grated and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- 2 sheets prepared puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten with a splash of water
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°.
- 2Heat the 2 tablespoons of butter in a small skillet over medium heat.
- 3When it melts, whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute, then whisk in the stock and milk.
- 4Season with salt and pepper, cook for a couple of minutes until thickened, then stir in the mustard; remove from the heat.
- 5Combine the chicken, scallions, peas, carrots, and dill in a mixing bowl.
- 6Pour the sauce over the mixture and stir to combine.
- 7Grease a baking sheet lightly with butter; dust your work surface lightly with flour and roll out one sheet of dough to the thickness of a nickel, and cut into quarters.
- 8Cut each quarter into 2 triangles.
- 9Transfer the triangles to the baking sheet and make 8 more triangles with the second sheet of dough.
- 10Divide the filling among 8 triangles on the baking sheet, leaving a little room at the edges to seal the pockets.
- 11Brush the edges with egg wash and place a second triangle on top; press the edges to seal or crimp with the tines of a fork.
- 12Brush the tops of the pockets with more egg wash and cut a small x in the top of each one to vent.
- 13Bake for 20 minutes, or until deeply golden and crisp; serve hot.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Individual Chicken Potpie Pockets
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.8
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 32.4 mg
- Sodium 224.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 6.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: