Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is so yummy! Note: I wrote this recipe for my oven-safe soup mugs, but this recipe would also work well in a pie plate or 2-quart casserole. I would imagine this is enough for 4 soup mugs... It's just DH and I so we just use 2 gigantic soup mugs and fill 'em! So I would assume this would work for 4 regular size mugs...let me know how it goes! Also, we like it spicy, so we add serrano peppers! Enjoy!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, chopped
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups rotisserie-cooked chicken
- 1⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted (optional)
- Saute onions, celery, carrots and garlic in butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in flour, thyme, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Slowly stir in chicken broth and cream. Constantly stir mixture until smooth, creamy and thickened.
- Add nutmeg, cooked chicken, and frozen peas. Combine well.
- Ladle mixture into individual oven-safe soup mugs.
- Cut puff pastry to cover each mug. Cover mug with puff pastry and press down around rim to adhere.
- Brush puff pastry with melted butter. (Optional, I think it makes the pastry look prettier).
- Place mugs on a cookie sheet, and bake at 400°F for 15-20 minutes or until puff pastry is golden brown!
SO GOOD! I was reminded that frozen peas are sweeter than canned (because I made the mistake of using canned). I had extra puff pastry so I cut it into thin strips and made letters on top of the pies for the person it was baked for! Make sure you let lots of extra pastry flop over the top!
Everyone LOVED them, said they were the best chicken-pot-pies they'd ever tasted. Thanks so so much!
REALLY good- everyone liked this-will make again-Thanks
This was so good and easy to make! The ingredients are common household staples. I made it when I had left over rotisserie chicken and wasn't really in the mood for cooking. Thank you so much for posting this. This is one that went in the recipe box.