1/4 Photos of Individual Chicken Pot Pies With Puff Pastry
This is so yummy! Note: I wrote this recipe for my oven-safe soup mugs, but this recipe would also work well in a pie plate or 2-quart casserole. I would imagine this is enough for 4 soup mugs... It's just DH and I so we just use 2 gigantic soup mugs and fill 'em! So I would assume this would work for 4 regular size mugs...let me know how it goes! Also, we like it spicy, so we add serrano peppers! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup carrot, chopped
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups rotisserie-cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted (optional)
- 1Saute onions, celery, carrots and garlic in butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Stir in flour, thyme, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 3Slowly stir in chicken broth and cream. Constantly stir mixture until smooth, creamy and thickened.
- 4Add nutmeg, cooked chicken, and frozen peas. Combine well.
- 5Ladle mixture into individual oven-safe soup mugs.
- 6Cut puff pastry to cover each mug. Cover mug with puff pastry and press down around rim to adhere.
- 7Brush puff pastry with melted butter. (Optional, I think it makes the pastry look prettier).
- 8Place mugs on a cookie sheet, and bake at 400°F for 15-20 minutes or until puff pastry is golden brown!
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Individual Chicken Pot Pies With Puff Pastry
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1456.6
- Calories from Fat 966
- Total Fat 107.3 g
- Saturated Fat 44.4 g
- Cholesterol 234.9 mg
- Sodium 1415.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 45.4 g