This is so yummy! Note: I wrote this recipe for my oven-safe soup mugs, but this recipe would also work well in a pie plate or 2-quart casserole. I would imagine this is enough for 4 soup mugs... It's just DH and I so we just use 2 gigantic soup mugs and fill 'em! So I would assume this would work for 4 regular size mugs...let me know how it goes! Also, we like it spicy, so we add serrano peppers! Enjoy!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, chopped
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups rotisserie-cooked chicken
- 1⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted (optional)
- Saute onions, celery, carrots and garlic in butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in flour, thyme, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Slowly stir in chicken broth and cream. Constantly stir mixture until smooth, creamy and thickened.
- Add nutmeg, cooked chicken, and frozen peas. Combine well.
- Ladle mixture into individual oven-safe soup mugs.
- Cut puff pastry to cover each mug. Cover mug with puff pastry and press down around rim to adhere.
- Brush puff pastry with melted butter. (Optional, I think it makes the pastry look prettier).
- Place mugs on a cookie sheet, and bake at 400°F for 15-20 minutes or until puff pastry is golden brown!