Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is so easy and so flavorful! Each person gets their own chicken pot pie! I make them in small glass Pyrex bowls with lids so they're easy to take to work/school.
- 2 chicken breasts (on the bone)
- 5 -7 yukon gold potatoes, cubed
- 4 carrots, cubed (fresh, not canned)
- 1 cup peas
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) canlow-fat cream of chicken soup or 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can low-fat cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth (or stock)
- 1 (8 ounce) can crescent rolls
- 2 teaspoons onion soup mix, mix
- salt, Pepper, Paprika, Garlic Powder to Sprinkle
- Spray the crock pot with non stick spray.
- Place the cubed potatoes, carrots and peas in the bottom of the crock pot. Sprinkle with Salt, Pepper and Garlic Powder. Spoon half a can of the Cream of Chicken and half a can of the Cream of Celery over the vegetables.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder over the chicken breasts and under their skin. Place on top of vegetables in the crock pot. Cover the chicken with remaining soup, broth and Onion Soup Powder Mix.
- Cover and cook on high for about 4 hours.
- Remove chicken when cooked through and allow to cool. Use forks to shred meat from the bones. Add back into crock pot, and taste to see if needs more salt, etc.
- Spoon into single serving sized small glass bowls. I use Pyrex bowls with lids. Roll out crescent dough and cut into circles that cover the bowls.
- Bake at 375 until the crescent dough is nicely browned.
- Allow to cool and enjoy. Or snap the lids on the bowls, stick them in the fridge and take to work or school for great lunch!
This was the most effortless meal I have ever made! I loved this recipe. Definetly a keeper!