Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love this cheesecake recipe it's my favorite.The crust is so easy and so good.Just work with the crust a little until it's nice and crumbly, add a tablespoon or more butter if needed. The original recipe calls for 1/4 cup melted butter and I usually add a few extra tablespoons of butter, so I ajusted the recipe, fill free to add more if you think it looks to dry. The crust when done right, is what makes this cheesecake recipe stand out from all the others. I got this recipe from a coworker.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package Duncan Hines yellow cake mix
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packagessoftened cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place liners in 24 muffin cups.
- FOR CRUST: Combine dry cake mix and melted butter in large bowl. Beat at low speed with electric mixer for 1 minute(mixture will be crumbly). Divide evenly in muffin cups but do not press.
- FOR FILLING: Combine cream cheese, eggs, 3/4 cup sugar and vanilla in bowl. Beat with mixer until smooth. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until mixture is set.
We thought the cheese filling was very tasty, but we were disappointed with the crust. It was very thick and dry. Perhaps it would be better with more butter.
Haven't tried this (yet!), but I have had a cheesecake crust using the duncan hines cake mix and oil method and it is really outstanding. Looks like a great basic cheesecake recipe - I'll be sure to try it.