Recipe by CountryLady
This recipe (from Toronto Chef Christine Cushing) is a keeper - moist, rich and nicely spiced! It will make 12 individual bundt cakes or two 8-inch cakes.
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons apple butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup grated unsweetened coconut
- 1 lb peeled and grated carrot
- 1⁄3 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 1 lime, zest of
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced (very fine)
- 2 tablespoons honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Spray cake pans with oil.
- Combine wet ingredients and sugar in food processor.
- In a large bowl, sift together the dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture in the food processor and pulse several times to blend until smooth.
- Transfer mixture from food processor to large bowl.
- Fold in walnuts, coconut, and carrots.
- Pour mixture into prepared pans and bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- If making larger cakes, cooking time will be longer.
- Cool on wire rack.
- In a medium bowl whisk together coconut milk, mascarpone cheese, and honey.
- Add lime zest, orange juice and ginger and whisk together until smooth and incorporated.
- Pour immediately over cooled cakes.