Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
For best results freeze the ice cream for about an hour before coating with meringue. Cooking time includes freezing time.
- Place brownies on ungreased baking sheet.
- Top each with a scoop or slice of ice cream; place in freezer while preparing meringue (Ice cream must be very hard before covering with meringue).
- Heat oven to 450ºF.
- Beat egg white until foamy, and beat in sugar gradually; continue beating until stiff and glossy (Do NOT underbeat).
- Quickly spread meringue on ice cream and sides of brownies, being careful to seal meringue to baking sheet; bake until light brown (about 3 minutes).
- Place in freezer (up to 24 hours) or serve immediately.