Recipe by Bobbie
Recipe courtesy of Broadbent's B&B Food Products (appeared in Taste of the South magazine)
Top Review by Spencer #2
The addition of the crumbled English Muffins was really good. I baked it until the chunks of muffin at the top started to toast a little. This made about 12-15 larger muffin sized quiches. You could stretch it to 18 if you made them smaller. I will definitely make again for company. It was especially nice because I had some vegetarians in the crowd. I filled half the muffin cups, then added bacon to the batter and filled the other half of the cups.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup maple bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 1⁄2 English muffins, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400. Lightly grease 18 muffin cups.
- In a small skilled, melt butter over medium heat on stovetop. Saute onion until tender, set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, chives and pepper.
- Stir in cheese, crumbled bacon, crumbled English muffins, and cooked onion.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool in cups for 5 minutes before serving.