Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe courtesy of Broadbent's B&B Food Products (appeared in Taste of the South magazine)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup maple bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 1⁄2 English muffins, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400. Lightly grease 18 muffin cups.
- In a small skilled, melt butter over medium heat on stovetop. Saute onion until tender, set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, chives and pepper.
- Stir in cheese, crumbled bacon, crumbled English muffins, and cooked onion.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool in cups for 5 minutes before serving.