Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
These make a great breakfast or mid-morning snack. With this recipe, you have whole grains, fresh fruit, and a protein source in the nuts. A real kid-pleaser, too. The following is a guideline-use your favorite fresh fruits, fruit spread, and nuts. Recipe found in the Houston Chronicle. Enjoy!!!
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon honey (really sweetens it up) (optional)
- 2 whole wheat English muffins, split and toasted
- 1 -1 1⁄4 cup fresh fruit (I like strawberries, blueberries but use your favorites)
- 2 tablespoons all fruit spread (I like Polaner All Fruit Peach but use your favorite)
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts or 2 tablespoons almonds, toasted
- Split and toast English muffins.
- Combine cream cheese and honey, stirring until blended and smooth. Spread over the cut surface of each toasted English muffin.
- Arrange fresh fruit over the cream cheese in a pattern to resemble a pizza.
- Place all-fruit spread in a small glass bowl, Microwave on high about 15 seconds or until melted, stirring midway through heating.
- Brush all-fruit spread evenly over the top of the fruit. (Make sure to cover the surfaces of each fruit that may darken, such as apples, bananas, peaches.).
- Sprinkle nuts over the top of each pizza.