1/2 Photos of Individual Breakfast Casseroles
Sue Lau's Note:
Just increase the amounts in the recipe for however many servings you need.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup hash brown potatoes (refrigerated or thawed frozen)
- 1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped bell pepper
- 1/2-1 large fresh jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup light cream or 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1Prheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Drain thawed potatoes and make sure there is no excess water on them.
- 3Spray the inside of an 8 ounce casserole dish or ramekin with non-stick cooking spray.
- 4Press potatoes into the bottom of the ramekin.
- 5Place ramekin on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, or until potatoes are lightly browned around the edges.
- 6Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10-12 minutes.
- 7Right after removing from oven, reduce oven temp to 350°F.
- 8In a small saucepan, saute the peppers, onion, and jalapeno until tender, 5-7 minutes.
- 9In a small bowl, mix together the egg and the cream, add the minced garlic and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 10Spray the top of the potatoes and sides of the ramekin again with a little more cooking spray (I like butter-flavored).
- 11Place half the cheese on top of the potatoes in the ramekin.
- 12Cover this cheese with the sauteed peppers and onion.
- 13Pour egg mixture over that.
- 14Top with remaining cheese.
- 15Carefully place ramekin on a baking sheet in the oven and bake for 25-35 minutes or until set, puffy, and golden.
- 16Allow to rest 5-10 minutes after cooking.
- 17Then run a knife around the edges of the ramekin, and invert onto a serving plate.
- 18Tap lightly, and carefully lift ramekin away from casserole.
- 19Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Individual Breakfast Casseroles
Serving Size: 1 (370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 739.2
- Calories from Fat 434
- Total Fat 48.2 g
- Saturated Fat 21.8 g
- Cholesterol 275.8 mg
- Sodium 801.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 26.2 g