Just increase the amounts in the recipe for however many servings you need.
Make and share this Individual Breakfast Casseroles recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup hash brown potatoes (refrigerated or thawed frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped bell pepper
- 1⁄2-1 large fresh jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup light cream or 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- Prheat oven to 400°F.
- Drain thawed potatoes and make sure there is no excess water on them.
- Spray the inside of an 8 ounce casserole dish or ramekin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Press potatoes into the bottom of the ramekin.
- Place ramekin on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, or until potatoes are lightly browned around the edges.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10-12 minutes.
- Right after removing from oven, reduce oven temp to 350°F.
- In a small saucepan, saute the peppers, onion, and jalapeno until tender, 5-7 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the egg and the cream, add the minced garlic and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spray the top of the potatoes and sides of the ramekin again with a little more cooking spray (I like butter-flavored).
- Place half the cheese on top of the potatoes in the ramekin.
- Cover this cheese with the sauteed peppers and onion.
- Pour egg mixture over that.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Carefully place ramekin on a baking sheet in the oven and bake for 25-35 minutes or until set, puffy, and golden.
- Allow to rest 5-10 minutes after cooking.
- Then run a knife around the edges of the ramekin, and invert onto a serving plate.
- Tap lightly, and carefully lift ramekin away from casserole.
- Serve warm.
I really hate when people change your recipe and then write a negative review. lol
I made it as a casserole and it was wonderful. I did add cudighi, it's an Italian sausage found in the UP of MI. I divide it into portions for husband's breakfast. I wanted a recipe with a crispier hashbrown, thank you for this.
Made these with family friends. GREAT for kids as they were able to customize their own breakfast. Everyone got what they wanted! woo hoo! We made these with home-made home fries and were even better Thanks