Just increase the amounts in the recipe for however many servings you need.
Make and share this Individual Breakfast Casseroles recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup hash brown potatoes (refrigerated or thawed frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped bell pepper
- 1⁄2-1 large fresh jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup light cream or 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- Prheat oven to 400°F.
- Drain thawed potatoes and make sure there is no excess water on them.
- Spray the inside of an 8 ounce casserole dish or ramekin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Press potatoes into the bottom of the ramekin.
- Place ramekin on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, or until potatoes are lightly browned around the edges.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10-12 minutes.
- Right after removing from oven, reduce oven temp to 350°F.
- In a small saucepan, saute the peppers, onion, and jalapeno until tender, 5-7 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the egg and the cream, add the minced garlic and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spray the top of the potatoes and sides of the ramekin again with a little more cooking spray (I like butter-flavored).
- Place half the cheese on top of the potatoes in the ramekin.
- Cover this cheese with the sauteed peppers and onion.
- Pour egg mixture over that.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Carefully place ramekin on a baking sheet in the oven and bake for 25-35 minutes or until set, puffy, and golden.
- Allow to rest 5-10 minutes after cooking.
- Then run a knife around the edges of the ramekin, and invert onto a serving plate.
- Tap lightly, and carefully lift ramekin away from casserole.
- Serve warm.