Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are really moist and have a nice texture from the coconut with a bit of tang from the lemon zest. Although the tops are somewhat flat, they are very pretty with the coconut topping. This recipe makes 7 muffins.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lime zest
- 2 large eggs
- 5 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened flaked coconut, plus
- 3 tablespoons sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and butter and flour 7 (1/2-cup) muffin cups (just butter if nonstick).
- Beat together butter, sugar, and zest until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in cream, then flour and salt, on low speed until just combined. Stir in 1/2 cup coconut and gently stir in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into cups, filling the cups, and smooth tops. Sprinkle tops with remaining 3 tablespoons of coconut.
- Bake in middle of oven until a tester comes out clean and edges are golden brown, about 25 minutes. (In my oven it took a bit longer) Invert onto a rack and cool.
Made a several muffin recipes this weekend. These are our favorites out of the bunch. I am a big fan of lemon blueberry pound cake so the lime here was great flavor ans love the crunch of the coconut. Looking at my photos, I wish I had been more generous piling the coconut on since I think they would have been much prettier. My fault for being in a hurry. And oh, these were amazingly fast. Thanks for the great recipe. Made for my Babes for ZWT4.