Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are quick-bake cakes. They can be for dessert with whipped topping or for breakfast warm from the oven. Recipe is from Family Circle.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F; generously coat 12 cups in a muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place 5 or 6 blueberries in each muffin cup; set aside.
- In medium-sized bowl, stir corn bread mix, egg, granulated sugar and milk until combined.
- Top the blueberries with 1 tablespoon of batter.
- Repeat with another layer of 5 or 6 blueberries and 1 T of batter on top.
- Muffin cups should be about half full.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Cool in muffin pan on rack for 5 minutes.
- Run a sharp knife around each cup and remove cakes to racks to cool completely.
- To serve, turn upside down.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar and top with a dollop of whipped topping, if desired.
Easy and yummy! Organic blueberries were on sale, so I bought some. I wanted to find a box of cornbread mix that didn't have hydrogenated fat in it and Krusteaz fit the bill. However, the box was over 14 oz., so I doubled all the ingredients, except I used 1/2 C honey. When I finished filling the cups, the cups were full and I had enough for 5 more plain muffins. I cooked them 15 minutes, bcz the cups were full. Interestingly, the plain muffins rose up, but the blueberry ones spread out. I had mine with a little margarine. Next time I will use paper cups for easier storage in the fridge or freezer.