Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An extremely simple, very pretty jellied dessert, which should be served with a shortbread cookie and a small scoop of vanilla ice cream on each plate. Simply buy good shortbread, no need to make it yourself.
- Heat the rosé wine, sugar and gelatine powder over gentle heat, stirring, until the sugar and gelatine have dissolved completely. Do not cook!
- Remove from heat and allow to cool until warm, and not actually setting.
- Divide the berries (strawberries, gooseberries, raspberries - blueberries tend to discolour the jelly) between 4 or 6 ramekins or molds.
- Pour the warm gelatine mixture over the berries. Refrigerate (about 2 hours) to set. It's easiest to put the molds on a flat plate or tin.
- Prep time does not include the setting time.
- Turn out carefully on serving plates, and serve as suggested with ice cream and a shortbread cookie.