Yummy individual crisps as seen on Good Eats, ya' can't go wrong with Alton Brown and this is another hit!
- 12 ounces frozen berries (blueberries or raspberries, but any work)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 1⁄2 cups prepared topping (recipe follows)
- 5 ounces all-purpose flour (appx 1 cup)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped nuts such as walnuts or 1 1⁄2 cups pecans or 1 1⁄2 cups almonds
- 1 1⁄2 cups gingersnaps, crushed
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, cubed and chilled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the frozen berries, sugar, cornstarch and 1/2 cup of the crisp topping into a medium mixing bowl and stir to combine. Divide the mixture evenly between 4 ramekins (7-8oz size). Top each ramekin with 1/2 cup of the remaining crisp topping. Place ramekins on a sheet pan and bake in the middle rack of the oven for 30-35 minutes or until the fruit is bubbling and the topping is browned. Allow to cool for 1 minutes before serving.
- Crisp topping.
- Place the flour, sugar, nuts and cookies into a large mixing bowl and combine. Work the butter into with your hands until it is crumbly. Store in the refrigerator for up to a week. Use as topping for crisps, cobblers or grunts.