Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great way to cook a good steak -- one of my favourites.
- 4 pieces steak (I prefer fillet steak)
- 8 large button mushrooms, sliced
- 140 g pate
- 1⁄3 cup cream
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based frying pan.
- Add the steaks and cook on both sides until done to your liking.
- Remove from pan.
- In the same frying pan heat together the pate, cream. and parsley until melted.
- Return the steaks to the pan nad coat with the pate mixture.
- Cut each sheet of puff pastry in half.
- Place the sliced mushrooms on top of each steak& any pate mixture if any remaining.
- Place the steaks on the puff pastry sheet halves and wrap each one individually, sealing the edges.
- Make 2 slits on each pastry wrapped steak and brush with milk.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 10 minutes or until pastry is golden.