Recipe by hollyberry117
Easy to make but oh-so decadent. I love to make these for Christmas dinner. If time allows they can be topped with a homeade Bernaise Sauce, but usually I just used a prepackaged mix by Lawry's. Its fast and is really good.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 filet mignon steaks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- bearnaise sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season filets with salt and pepper and sear on all sides.
- Thaw puff pastry according to package directions. Gently smooth seams with lightly wettened finger. Divide each pastry sheet in half.
- Place each steak in a section of pastry. Fold under and trim off excess dough. Pinch seams tightly to seal.
- Brush pastry with beaten egg. Decorate with dough trimmings shaped into leaves, braids, etc. to enhance, if desired.
- Place seam-side down in a lightly oiled 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- Bake 20 minutes for medium-rare. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Top with prepared Bearnaise Sauce.