1 hr 35 mins
Mrs. Pallack's Note:
I hodgepodged this recipe together while trying to figure out a way to use my leftover roast beef. I didn't measure, so ingredient amounts are approximated. Delish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth or 1 1/2 cups beef consomme (from a package) or 1 1/2 cups reconstituted au jus sauce (from a package)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2-2 cups shredded leftover cooked beef
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 cup frozen peas (thawed)
- 1 double crust pie crust, your favorite recipe
- 1 egg, beaten, for brushing top crust
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Boil prepared potatoes and carrots in a Dutch oven until tender, about 20 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile --.
- 4Melt butter in large saucepan over medium to medium low heat.
- 5Add chopped onions and cook until onions are soft and translucent.
- 6Sprinkle flour over butter/onion mix, stirring constantly, about 4-5 minutes.
- 7(This is an important step. Not cooking long enough will make the gravy have a "floury" taste).
- 8Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Add broth and milk, stirring constantly.
- 10Bring to a slow boil.
- 11Remove from heat.
- 12Add potatoes, carrots, thawed peas, and shredded beef to gravy and mix thoroughly.
- 13Let mixture cool thoroughy.
- 14Line ramekins with bottom pie dough.
- 15Fill ramekins and cover with top crust, pinching edges to create a seal.
- 16Brush with beaten egg.
- 17Create slits in top crust with a butter knife.
- 18Bake about 35 minutes until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Pot Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Individual Beef Pot Pies
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 353.7
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 33.0 mg
- Sodium 485.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 7.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: