Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
French toast in the oven
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons light maple syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (a good sized pinch)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 slices bread (sandwich-sized)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, maple syrup, salt and vanilla extract until frothy. Cut or tear bread into small pieces, about 1/2-1 inch big. Place bread pieces into milk mixture and press down to soak it all up.
- Divide evenly into four 6-oz. ramekins and place ramekins on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, until a knife inserted into the center comes out fairly clean.
- Serve immediately.
Had to go digging for my ramekins as they were buried behind a lot of other things (just go to show how seldom I use them)! Instead of the usual white bread, I used a heavy, whole wheat bread for this recipe & we really enjoyed the flavor ~ Easy to make & very nice in the eating stage! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Bargain Basement tag]