Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This cobbler is super easy and serves 2-4 people.
- 2 cups tart apples, sliced and peeled
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- half-and-half (optional)
- Gently toss the apples, brown sugar, lemon juice, and cinnamon. Divide between two greased 10 oz custard cups or four 5 oz ramikens.
- In a bowl combine flour, sugar, and baking powder; stir in milk and butter - just until moistened. Spoon over apples.
- Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon, if desired for a whole different look and slightly sweet flavor.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 min or until the top is goldern brown. Serve with cream if desired.
I need just a little something for dessert last night and I whipped this up (it takes maybe 5 minutes to prepare) and it was absolutely delicious. Will definitely make this one again! My ramkeins were a little smaller, so I needed less than a cup, but other than that, I followed the recipe as-is.
I need one fast recipe to use my apples from the garden and I found this one.
Fantastic, I prepared the double amount for us 4 and everything has gone.
Yummy I will prepare this again!
I made as 4 small desserts in custard cups, suding 4 medium size granny smith apples, 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and everything else the same for apples. For the topping mix I only used 2 teaspoons of sugar (this was done for dietary reasons). The only issue we had there was not enough topping to cover the apples therefore overcooking them for our liking (we like them to still have a slight crispness these were soft) so would up the flour etc to give a better coating, but not the sugar for dietary reasons. Thank you Ceezie, made for 123 Hits tag game.