1/2 Photos of Individual Apple Brown Betty
Comfort food - warm, gooey, appley, and just for you! Good way to use up old bread and apples, too. Note: when DH makes this he puts brown sugar and butter (mixed to crumbly) topping on this and they are even better.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Grease four 6 oz ramekins (butter, shortening, or Pam) and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- 3Melt butter, then mix with cubed bread.
- 4Mix lemon juice. brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg, then mix with sliced apples.
- 5Press 1/8th of bread mixture into bottom of each ramekin, cover with 1/8th of apple mixture, repeat. Pour any leftover liquid over top. (bread, apples, bread, apples in each ramekin).
- 6Place ramekins on cookie sheet. Bake at 375 40-50 minutes.
- 7Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Individual Apple Brown Betty
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.9
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 234.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 33.5 g
- Protein 2.5 g