Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This was a recipe I found on a website, eatchicken.com, and contributed by Ena Player. YUMMILICIOUS, and surprisingly easy. I had to revise it a little because when I found it the instructions were not clear, and no cooking temp or time. This is what I came up with, and it worked! :)
- 4 refrigerated pie crusts (2 packages of Pillsbury ready pie crusts)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- salt and pepper (optional)
- 4 ounces melted butter
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 6 ounces red bell peppers, diced
- 6 ounces green bell peppers, diced
- 6 ounces yellow bell peppers, diced
- 8 ounces ortega diced green chilies
- 1 purple onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 limes, juice of
- 2 tablespoons knorr's chicken bouillon granules
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese
- Place potatoes in a pot and simmer until tender, then drain.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and then stir fry chicken in the butter until no longer pink.
- Chop chicken into small pieces, and add potatoes, peppers, onions and green chilies, and oil, and sauté a little bit more, until the veggies are soft.
- Squeeze lime juice over mixture, and then add chicken bouillon and mix well.
- Simmer for 6 -8 minutes, and then let cool.
- Cut the pie crust into 2 and a 1/2 inch circles.
- Place pie crust into muffin tin and fill with chicken mixture.
- Cover with cheese and bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
- Remove and let cool on a baking rack.