Prep 25 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Deviled eggs are really at the top of my food chain - I mean, they are quite tasty! Among my various cravings, these spicy eggs are a great snack and will keep in the fridge for a while! I usually sprinkle a little cayenne or Old Bay instead of paprika, but then again, I'm a fan of the heat! Some ingredients are very much optional to taste, but I really like the combo!
- 12 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise, to taste
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish, to taste (try HOT!)
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish, to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (optional)
- Boil eggs. (I use the Julia Child method!) Peel.
- Split in half and plate, cover and chill while making filling. Put the yolks in a mixing bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients in the yolk bowl (you can use a food processor, but mine is called a "fork" -- ) Mix well, until creamy consistency.
- Either cover and refrigerate, or place in ziploc baggie and refrigerate for about 2 hours (until thoroughly chilled!).
- Spoon filling into eggs, or if you want to get fancy :) snip a hole in the corner of your baggie, and pipe into eggs. Serve chilled!
Try using Old El Paso Zezty Taco Topper instead of mayo and look for Mezzetta's Deli Style Zesty Bell Pepper instead of your regular relish.....mmmm mmmm good! Try it in Pita bread!
These were excellent! I usually just make my deviled eggs with mayonnaise and mustard, but loved the flavors added by the other ingredients in these. I did use just a dash of cayenne as that's enough heat for me.