Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My obsession with tuna really started at Tealuxe, the nummiest teahouse in Boston! This is my own special recipe; I really think the flavors are strong and the texture is satisfying. *Please note, the amount of mayo could be much more or less to taste, I really just throw in as much creaminess as I feel for at the time... You can eat it alone, in a pita, or like a tuna melt, it is too good!
- 1 (12 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped (white, yellow, vidalia, your choice, (to taste)
- 3 -4 tablespoons mayonnaise, to taste
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish, to taste
- 1 tablespoon horseradish sauce (I use HOT!)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne, to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 3 -4 teaspoons dill (optional)
- Mix all ingredients.
- Chill about 20 minutes. Or, if, like me, you can't wait for tuna delicousness, dig right in!
We love the horseradish in this. I used red onion, and subbed a few drops of Cajun Sunshine hot sauce for the cayenne. Thanks for posting! Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag.
Good! The only real difference between my tuna and this one is the horseradish. Made as written using only 2 tablespoons mayo and the 3 teaspoons dill option. Stuffed in a large tomato to make a nice light lunch. Thanks for the post.
YUM! I made this tonight and my only adjustments were 1/2 tsp of cayenne and 1/2 tsp of pepper. Also a few GOOD shakes of dill:) This was a great tuna salad that will go on rotation at my house. Even my 6 yr old liked it!! Thanks:)