Recipe by Indigo!
This is a childhood favorite recovered after begging my mom for the recipe! This really takes me back to a better time, and everyone who's tried it LOVES it (and me! yipee!)
Top Review by Chef Carol Kay
ahhh, Indigo, I was in need of some comfort food, and this fit the bill. !! I loved this and will be making tis again, but I am gonna have to make it for a potluck or something. My family just wasn't into it the way I was. (you need to know they can be incredibly picky) The littler ones thought this was too spicy (I did not use the jalepenos, and I personally would have loved too)and another does not like olives. Even with there pickyness though they did eat what I put on their plate. I used a can of tomato sauce, not the paste. And I added about a 1/2 cup of sour cream, and a green bell pepper. Again thank you.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (11 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (11 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (11 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (12 ounce) can rotel, drained (diced tomatoes and green chiles)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste or 1 (6 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (5 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained (if you like!)
- 1⁄4 cup white wine, for thinning sauce (or real white wine)
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning (oregano, basil, whatever you have!)
- 1 (16 ounce) box spaghetti
- 3 -4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese
- 2 finely chopped habaneros (if you like it spicy!) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. (This can all be done concurrently).
- In large skillet, simmer chicken breasts in olive oil, white wine, and/or butter until lightly browned.
- Cool, break/cut into pieces, set aside.
- In large saucepan, saute onion and garlic until soft. Add all canned ingredients (and peppers, if desired).
- Stir and simmer, covered, about 8 minutes.
- Add chicken and simmer until chicken is hot.
- In large pot, boil spaghetti 10-12 minutes until just done.
- Drain, rinse under cold water, and drain again. Place in large pot for remainder of steps.
- Add sauce with chicken to the spaghetti and mix well. Sauce should resemble typical pasta sauce in that it is not too thin, but liquid enough to reduce in oven.
- Cover with top or foil and bake in oven for 30-40 minuntes. Take off cover, lay cheese over top, and place back in oven uncovered. Bake until cheese is melted, about 7 minutes.
- Can reheat in microwave with more cheese the next day!