This is a childhood favorite recovered after begging my mom for the recipe! This really takes me back to a better time, and everyone who's tried it LOVES it (and me! yipee!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (11 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (11 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (11 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (12 ounce) can rotel, drained (diced tomatoes and green chiles)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste or 1 (6 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (5 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained (if you like!)
- 1/4 cup white wine, for thinning sauce (or real white wine)
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning (oregano, basil, whatever you have!)
- 1 (16 ounce) box spaghetti
- 3 -4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese
- 2 finely chopped habaneros (if you like it spicy!) (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350. (This can all be done concurrently).
- 2In large skillet, simmer chicken breasts in olive oil, white wine, and/or butter until lightly browned.
- 3Cool, break/cut into pieces, set aside.
- 4In large saucepan, saute onion and garlic until soft. Add all canned ingredients (and peppers, if desired).
- 5Stir and simmer, covered, about 8 minutes.
- 6Add chicken and simmer until chicken is hot.
- 7In large pot, boil spaghetti 10-12 minutes until just done.
- 8Drain, rinse under cold water, and drain again. Place in large pot for remainder of steps.
- 9Add sauce with chicken to the spaghetti and mix well. Sauce should resemble typical pasta sauce in that it is not too thin, but liquid enough to reduce in oven.
- 10Cover with top or foil and bake in oven for 30-40 minuntes. Take off cover, lay cheese over top, and place back in oven uncovered. Bake until cheese is melted, about 7 minutes.
- 11Can reheat in microwave with more cheese the next day!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indigo's (Almost) Famous Chicken Spaghetti
Serving Size: 1 (350 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 586.3
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 77.8 mg
- Sodium 2168.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 30.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: