Recipe by grandma2969
this is a version of a casual pie made with white sugar instead of brown sugar..in the older cookbooks, cooks created this pie right in the crust...this is a wonderful version...enjoy!!you will need a recipe for 1 crust pie..unbaked
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup heavy cream (whipping)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- grated nutmeg, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat the oven to 300*.roll pie dough out on a floured surface and use to line a 9" pie pan.set aside.
- blend the flour, butter, sugar and salt in a food processor untl well combined and smooth.about 5 seconds.
- pour into the pie shell.
- add the cream and mix gently with your fingers, being careful not to break through the bottom crust.
- in a measuring cup, combine the milk and vanilla; pour over the top of the cream mixture, but do not stir --
- sprinkle lavishly with nutmeg.
- bake for 1 1/2 hours (this seems a bit long, but it does require long baking).
- the center of the pie will be bubbly and still a little wiggly.
- cool completely at room temperature before cutting -- .