Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a southern favorite of mine. Recipe is from The Little Mountain Bean Bible Cookbook. If you like to can some of your garden vegetables this would be a great one. Succotash in the winter...wow!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups green onions with tops, chopped
- 2 (17 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained or 4 cups fresh corn or 4 cups frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- Cut beans in rounds the size of corn; cook with 1/2 teaspoon salt about 15 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Saute green onions in butter until transparent (do not brown).
- Add corn, salt, paprika, celery salt and sugar, then beans.
- Simmer, covered about 10 minutes.
LOVE this Hoosier succotash! The seasonings were wonderful. I substituted edamame for the green beans and it was gobbled up.