Recipe by Daniele1969
An old friend on mine used to make this all the time. He has since moved back to Indiana and I have never seen this mix before or since (hense the name I have chosen). He used to use anything. I now use 93/7. WAY less oil in the pan when done!
Top Review by didyb
I thought this was delish-- loved the combo of syrup and mustard. The only reason for 4 instead of 5 is that I felt the potatoes were lacking seasoning-- so will sprinkle with some garlic/onion salt next time. I used ground turkey, and just 1 lb, with no problem. I used a little less of the other ingredients and maybe a little more cracker to make it the right consistancy. Thanks!
- 2 lbs hamburger meat
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup, and
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup crushed butter flavored cracker
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 baking potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over to 375 degrees.
- Set the 1/3 cup of ketchup, potatoes and water to the side.
- Throw everything else into a bowl and mix.
- form into a loaf in a 13 x 9 baking dish.
- cut up the potatoes into large pieces and add around the loaf. Add water to pan. Slather 1/3 cup ketchup on top of loaf.
- Bake for 1 - 1 1/2 hours.