Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A pawpaw is not a papaya, but a wild fruit that grows on trees in the mid-west. It is the Ohio State Native Fruit and sometimes called an Indiana banana. After finding pawpaws in our neighbors woods, I started the ultimate search for the perfect pawpaw recipe. We found pawpaw pie to be a bit bitter so we tried bread instead. This is an adaptation of a banana bread recipe. Enjoy.
- Grease a large loaf pan and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter,sugar,eggs and vanilla with electric mixer.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture.
- Stir in pawpapw puree, mashed bananas and walnuts. Mix until just blended. Do not over mix.
- Pour batter in greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until knife comes out clean.
This was a bit sweet, but still good. the combination of banana, papaya, and walnuts is a great combo. It was easy to make and it is still a keeper. Made for new Zaar tag.