Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 20 mins
Cook1 hr 5 mins
Normally I 'screen' all the recipes I submit, but when I saw this one I didn't think I could wait to share it with you! With the abundance of peaches now, this dessert looks so LUSCIOUS yet so easy to put together! SO isn't a peach lover so I probably won't be making it very soon. But for guests I will, so if you get to this gem before I do, let me know how it turns out! The recipe is from Cookbook Digest- a featured Grand Prize winner of a pie from "Perfect Fruit Pies". Prep time includes baking time. For peaches & cream lovers like I, I'm betting this is indeed a perfect Summer pie...
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- For crust, combine flour and salt and cut in butter.
- Press into a 9-inch pie pan.
- For filling, put peaches into a large bowl.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup sugar and set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, combine remaining sugar, 2 1/2 tablespoons flour, egg, salt, and vanilla.
- Fold in the sour cream.
- Stir mixture into peaches and pour into crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350°F degrees and bake for 20 minutes more.
- Combine all topping ingredients until crumbly.
- After baking at 350°F degrees for 20 minutes, sprinkle topping evenly over top.
- Bake for 10 minutes more at 400°F degrees.