Originally from the Indian state of Gujerat, a quick and easy way to use leftover yoghurt. High in vegetarian protein too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 ml plain bulgarian yoghurt (thinned with 1 cup of water)
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour, sifted (besan)
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 2 dried red chilies (whole)
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon asafetida powder (hing)
- 1/4 cup peanuts (roasted, skinned and ground)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, roasted (jeera)
- 1 cinnamon stick (daalchini)
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds (sarso)
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- chopped cilantro (to garnish, coriander or dhania)
- 1Stir chickpea flour and turmeric into yoghurt. Set aside.
- 2Heat ghee. Add chillies, ginger, cinnamon, cumin, curry leaf, peanuts and mustard. Stir briefly.
- 3Add asafetida, stirrring briefly again.
- 4Lower heat and add yoghurt mixture and salt.
- 5Cook partially covered on a medium heat for 15 - 20 minutes till soup has thickened.
- 6Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with basmati rice.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian Yoghurt Soup - Kadhi
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.8
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 24.7 mg
- Sodium 649.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 8.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: