1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
That is Dr House to you's Note:
Note: This dish is sweet. From James Peterson.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Use acorn or buttercup squash.
- 2Soak the saffron in the water.
- 3Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 4Cut squash in half or quarter if very large. scoop out seeds.
- 5Place flesh side down in baking dish. Do not let overlap. Pour water into dish to come up 1/4 inch on squash. Cover with foil. Bake about 1 hour.
- 6Let oven on.
- 7Let squash cool and scoop out pulp. Cut into rough cubes about 3/4 inch.
- 8Toss squash with all the other ingredients but the almonds. Spread in a 6 cup or large gratin dish. You want a layer 3/4 inch thick.
- 9Sprinkle on the almonds. Bake 30 minutes.
- 10It should be bubbling and thick and the almonds golden brown.
- 11If almonds brown too quickly turn oven to 325F and bake slightly longer.
- 12Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian Winter Squash Gratin With Saffron, Cardamom and Almonds
Serving Size: 1 (349 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 391.7
- Calories from Fat 282
- Total Fat 31.3 g
- Saturated Fat 20.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 81.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 8.0 g