Recipe by chiclet
I'm about to move so I'm posting all the recipes I have found written on scrap paper around my desk. I don't know where they're from or how long they take; I just don't want to lose them in the move.
Top Review by Sagadahoc
We enjoyed this! I made it with a large buttercup squash, and lacking cardomom, substituted some cumin and allspice. I did get confuseed when I reached the instruction to spread the squash mixture in a 6-qt. baking dish. My largest baking dish is a 3.5 qt. pan sufficient for a whole lasagna. I used that - it made a reasonably thin layer and seemed to work fine. I'll make this again for certain - next time with cardomom.
- 2 lbs winter squash
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon saffron, soaked in 1 tbs. warm water for 30 minutes
- 14 ounces unsweetened coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup whole almond, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut squash in half, scoop out and discard seeds. Place cut side down in a baking dish with 1/4 inch water. Cover and bake about 1 hour.
- When finished, let cool slightly, scoop out flesh and cut into 3/4" cubes.
- Toss in large bowl with all ingredients except almonds, spread in 6 quart baking dish and sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake 30 minutes, until bubbly and thick. If almonds are getting too dark, lower heat to 325 and bake longer.