Recipe by Carianne
This is from the Better Homes & Gardens "Crockery Cooking." I am trying it this weekend!
Top Review by Maito
This was really good - all my favorites. Next time I would leave the mustard seed out until the end. I cooked it 6 hours on low and the potatoes and eggplant were very done. I added lemon, cayenne pepper and some more spice to the leftovers and that made it even better. Served 4 for us.
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1/2 inch cubes (5 - 6 cups)
- 1 lb red potatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces (3 cups)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups vegetable broth or 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro stems