Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this Indian rice recipe from my mother in law long time ago.It is very easy to make and taste great! Try it with yoghurt and pickles or mint and coriander leaves chutney.......
- 236.59 ml basmati rice
- 29.58 ml oil
- 1 carrot (diced)
- 5 beans (diced)
- 59.14 ml green peas
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cloves
- 2 cardamoms
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 2 chopped onions
- 4.92 ml ginger, minced
- 2.46 ml garlic, minced
- 2 green chilies, slit
- 2.46 ml pepper, freshly ground
- 2.46 ml coriander powder
- 0.5-0.75 ml turmeric powder
- 4.92 ml chopped coriander leaves
- 4.92 ml chopped mint leaf
- 0.13-0.19 ml lemon juice
- 1Soak the rice for 30 minutes.Drain it.
- 2.Heat oil in a pan and add bay leaf,cinnamon,cloves,cardamom.
- 3.Add ginger,garlic and saute till it turn transparent.Do not let it burn.
- 4.Add chopped onions stir fry with a dash of salt.
- 5.Add coriander and turmeric powders.Stir for few minutes.
- 6.Add all the diced vegetables and green peas,green chillies and saute well.
- 7.Add 2 cups of water and when it boils,add rice and add salt to it.Close the lid.
- 8.Cook in low heat for 15 minutes.
- 9Sprinkle pepper powder and few drops of lemon juice.Garnish with coriander and mint leaves.
- 10.Serve hot with yoghurt and pickles.
Liked the recipe. I added some sweet pepper , because I like it. Overall a good and easy to prepare dish that I would recommend.