I got this Indian rice recipe from my mother in law long time ago.It is very easy to make and taste great! Try it with yoghurt and pickles or mint and coriander leaves chutney.......
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 carrot (diced)
- 5 beans (diced)
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cloves
- 2 cardamoms
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 2 chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 green chilies, slit
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 2 -3 pinches turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon chopped coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped mint leaf
- 2 -3 drops lemon juice
- 11Soak the rice for 30 minutes.Drain it.
- 22.Heat oil in a pan and add bay leaf,cinnamon,cloves,cardamom.
- 33.Add ginger,garlic and saute till it turn transparent.Do not let it burn.
- 44.Add chopped onions stir fry with a dash of salt.
- 55.Add coriander and turmeric powders.Stir for few minutes.
- 66.Add all the diced vegetables and green peas,green chillies and saute well.
- 77.Add 2 cups of water and when it boils,add rice and add salt to it.Close the lid.
- 88.Cook in low heat for 15 minutes.
- 99Sprinkle pepper powder and few drops of lemon juice.Garnish with coriander and mint leaves.
- 1010.Serve hot with yoghurt and pickles.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian Vegetable Rice(PULAO)
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.1
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 18.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: