Recipe by mandabears
This is originally a recipe for outside grilling from Good Housekeeping July 2003. It works just as well inside in my broiler. Tastes like a Tandoori chicken recipe.
Top Review by plparks
This was good, I would add some cut up green onion to garnish as well as cilantro with the suggested lime wedges. The flavors work well together, thank you for an easy and really good dish. (even my kids liked it!)
- 2 large limes
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 turkey cutlets, about 1 1/2 pounds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Grate 1 teaspoon peel from 1 lime and squeeze 1 tablespoon juice.
- Cut remaining lime into wedges.
- Reserve for squeezing juice over cooked cutlets.
- In a large bowl, mix lime peel and juice, yogurt, vegetable oil, ginger, cumin, coriander, garlic and salt.
- Just before cooking add turkey cutlets to the yogurt mixture and stir to cover cutlets.
- Do not let cutlets marinate more than 15 minutes or the texture will become mealy.
- Broil 2 1/2 minutes on each side, 5 minutes total.
- Serve with lime wedges and steamed rice.