Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a nice change from your everyday tuna salad. If you really like garam masala, add more!
- 1 can chunk tuna, drained
- 1⁄2 celery rib, diced small
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- Mix all ingredients except pine nuts and chill.
- Stir in nuts just before serving.
I loved this salad. It was excellent with rotis (Indian Flat Bread). I added crushed red pepper to it.
Wasn't really crazy about this combination of flavors. It wasn't bad, but just not to my tastes. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Game.
Very tasty as a sandwich filling, but we found it a bit much as a stand alone dish. Then again, I did use an extra 1/2 tsp of garam masala. I also used sweet mustard pickle spread in place of the dill pickle relish as I don't think I've seen that here. I'll look out for it and if I find it will try again cutting back the garam masala to 1 tsp, and I'll post a rating. I used a 425 gram can of chunk tuna, extra pine nuts and everything else as listed. Thanks for posting.