Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This lovely salad is wonderful accompaniment to an Indian-themed meal but also works well as a side dish with chicken or salmon.
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, lime juice, garlic, mustard, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the mint.
- Add the tomatoes, onion, and cucumber and toss gently.
- Garnish with additional mint leaves.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
Made this salad to serve with Butter Chicken, raita and steam rice. The salad was wonderful and so easy to make. Not sure if its authentic Indian salad, but it tasted great. Will try to make it again to take a photo. Thanks you for posting your recipe Irmgard.
This was pleasant. thx for sharing.