1/1 Photo of Indian Tomato Rice
Pesto lover's Note:
ZWT 6. An Indian recipe by Revathy Kumar. We tried this and liked it very much. We had it with barbecued chicken that was seasoned simply with onion paste mixed with smoked paprika, salt and pepper, and a cucumber salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 serrano chili, slit
- 2.46 ml garlic paste
- 2.46 ml ginger paste
- 354.88 ml long grain or 354.88 ml basmati rice
- 236.59 ml tomato puree
- 4.92 ml tomato sauce
- 1.23 ml dried clove, powdered
- 1.23 ml garam masala
- 4.92 ml red chili powder
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 354.88 ml water
- 1 bunch spring onion, chopped finely (scallions)
- 14.79 ml fresh cilantro, chopped fine (coriander)
- 1Wash and soak rice for 30 minutes.
- 2Heat butter or oil in pan and add garlic and ginger pastes. Stir and add onions and green chile. Cook until onion is well cooked.
- 3Add rice. Stir, and add dried clove, garam masala, chilli powder, sugar, tomato puree, tomato sauce, salt. Bring to a boil.
- 4Add water, taste for seasoning and bring to a boil.
- 5Cover and lower heat to simmer. Simmer until rice is almost done.
- 6Very gently fold in chopped spring onions and cilantro about 5 minutes before rice is done.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian Tomato Rice
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 69.7
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 448.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: