Indian Tofu and Spinach over Almond Rice
- Prepare the rice according to the package directions.
- Preheat a large, deep nonstick skillet over medium-high heat with the vegetable oil. Add the tofu, season with salt and pepper, and lightly brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Remove the tofu from the skillet and reserve on a plate. To the same skillet, add the garlic, ginger, onions, cumin and coriander.
- Sauté together for 4 to 5 minutes or until the onions are tender. Add the spinach and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Add the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring to a bubble. Add the curry paste, mango chutney, and chick peas, then return the browned tofu to the skillet, reduce the heat to medium low, and simmer the curry for 8 to 10 minutes.
- While the curry is simmering, toast the almonds in a small dry skillet over medium heat until golden. Once the rice is cooked, fluff it with a fork, add the toasted almonds, and stir with the fork.
- Serve the curry in shallow bowls with a scoop of almond rice on top (rice on the bottom gets too mushy).