1/2 Photos of Indian Tofu and Spinach over Almond Rice
365:No Repeats. Rachael Ray
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (14 ounce) container firm tofu, patted dry and cut into 1-1/2 inch dices
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 inches piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes frozen spinach, defrosted, squeezed dry of excess liquid in a kitchen towel
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups vegetable stock or 2 cups broth
- 2 tablespoons curry paste
- 1/4 cup prepared mango chutney
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1Prepare the rice according to the package directions.
- 2Preheat a large, deep nonstick skillet over medium-high heat with the vegetable oil. Add the tofu, season with salt and pepper, and lightly brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- 3Remove the tofu from the skillet and reserve on a plate. To the same skillet, add the garlic, ginger, onions, cumin and coriander.
- 4Sauté together for 4 to 5 minutes or until the onions are tender. Add the spinach and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Add the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- 5Add the vegetable stock and bring to a bubble. Add the curry paste, mango chutney, and chick peas, then return the browned tofu to the skillet, reduce the heat to medium low, and simmer the curry for 8 to 10 minutes.
- 6While the curry is simmering, toast the almonds in a small dry skillet over medium heat until golden. Once the rice is cooked, fluff it with a fork, add the toasted almonds, and stir with the fork.
- 7Serve the curry in shallow bowls with a scoop of almond rice on top (rice on the bottom gets too mushy).
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian Tofu and Spinach over Almond Rice
Serving Size: 1 (357 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 855.2
- Calories from Fat 282
- Total Fat 31.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 457.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 118.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.6 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 32.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: