Prep 4 mins
Cook 0 mins
No, not chai but silky smooth and very pleasing.
- 5 ounces hot black tea
- 2 inches strips orange peel (be careful not to get the white part)
- 1 ounce golden rum (I prefer 1/2 an ounce)
- 3⁄4 ounce amaretto almond liqueur
- 1 teaspoon sugar (or to taste)
- Gently simmer tea and peel in a small saucepan for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add liquors and pour, with peel, into a cup.
This is a wonderful smooth and relaxing tea! I doubled the amount of tea but kept the rest of the ingredients the same and yes, I drank it all myself! Delicious, mild little kick - just terrific. Thanks for sharing this recipe! Made for the Comfort Cafe event, January 2009.
This was a terrific tea Annacia. I enjoyed it very much. I used a dark tea with black currant, added a beautiful gold rum and a little almond extract, ( don't enjoy Amaretto) and some sugar. It was delicious, soft and subtle, very comforting and soothing. Thanks so much for sharing my friend. Made for Fearless Red Dragons - ZWT8 - India
followed your link from mamaphet orange scones and your right they do go well lol zaar8