Prep 24 hrs
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is easy to make just marinate the leg of lamb and then roast. I have to say that this is better if made on a rotisserie and cooked over low heat on the barbecue. This must be marinated for 24 hours in the spice mixture. If you are a lover of Indian food, then this is a recipe you will love.
- 1 cup full-fat plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- black pepper
- 1 (6 -7 lb) bone-in whole leg of lamb
- In a bowl combine yogurt with ALL remaining ingredients (except the leg of lamb) whisk to blend well.
- Place the leg of lamb in rack in a roasting pan.
- Coat the leg with yogurt mixture all over.
- Cover the lamb with plastic wrap (do not use foil to cover the lamb).
- Refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Roast the lamb uncovered for about 1-1/2 hours (for medium-rare cook until temperature reads 125F on a meat thermometer, make certain that the thermometer does not touch the bone).
- Let rest for 15 minutes before serving.
Cut the lamb into chunks and shish-ke-bab-ed. Marinated 8 hours. Grilled on the BBQ. Completely delicious. Thanks K!